Instapot Pumpkin Bacon Risotto
How much time does this one take? About 25 minutes in total! Yet it tastes like you have been slaving over a hot stove for an hour. A stand-alone comfy dish for the Fall that embodies a lot of healing bennies, and vital nutrients. A fun, tasty treat that makes you feel like you are cheating on that healthy diet!
4 slices Bacon
1 ½ C Leeks, diced
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. freshly ground Nutmeg
1 ½ C Pumpkin Puree
4 C Chicken broth (low sodium)
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
½ C White Wine
2 C Arborio rice
4 tbsp. Butter (or Butter substitute for Dairy-Free version)
1 tbsp. Chives, chopped (optional)
1. If making bacon in the oven, heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Turn Instapot to Saute. Once hot, add olive oil, leeks & garlic. Stir frequently until leeks begin to caramelize and garlic is fragrant (approx. 3 mins.).
3. Add Arborio rice, stir to coat with oil, and distribute leeks and garlic. Add white wine, stir and cook until the wine has reduced and is almost completely evaporated (less than a minute).
4. Add chicken broth and nutmeg. Stir to make sure everything is combined well.
5. Put top onto the Instapot, and seal the vent. Start the rice setting or steam manually for 10 minutes.
6. Cook bacon either in a pan or spread onto an ungreased baking sheet and cook in the oven at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until done. When done, drain & let crisp either on a cooling rack or on paper towels.
7. Once the rice has finished cooking, turn the vent to open and let steam escape.
8. Remove the lid. Add pumpkin, bacon, salt, and butter. Stir to combine and melt butter into the risotto making it creamy. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
9. If desired, serve, and top each serving with chives.